We provide guidance at each stage of our clients’ emerging, expanding, and long-standing legacy businesses. By getting to know our business clients and their long-term goals we build lasting relationships that serve our clients’ needs through all stages of growth.
If you are forming a business, we can handle your entire process, including:
- Corporate formation (entity selection) — Counseling entrepreneurs and investors on the most advantageous business entity and addressing the tax and liability implications of forming as a limited liability company, S corporation, C corporation, family limited partnership, or business trust.
- LLC and Partnership operating agreements — Preventing many disputes by spelling out the rights and responsibilities of each partner.
- Filings with the Secretary of State
- Obtaining tax/employer ID numbers (EINs)
- Buy-sell agreements — Developing and implementing buy-sell agreements to dictate the disposition of an owner’s interest upon death or disability, or voluntary or involuntary withdrawal.
- Corporate shareholder agreements.
- Corporate maintenance — Providing counsel on annual meetings, reporting, and other governance issues.
During operating and the growth phase, we can address:
- Employment contracts and agreements — Drafting and reviewing employment contracts, non-compete agreements, and confidentiality agreements.
- Commercial leases — Providing services and representation to landlords and commercial tenants.
- Vendor contracts
- Capital raising structures
When our clients find it time to monetize the business, we can assist in developing:
- Asset purchase agreement
- Merger acquisition
- Consideration discussion
From starting a business to liquidating an ownership stake, we pay particular attention to income tax consequences and work closely with your accountant and other financial advisors.